what is personal care
Personal care is assistance to an individual with their daily living activities. These services are routinely performed by Certified Nursing Assistants and/or Home Health Aides. Personal care is not only provided within a client's home. Personal care assistance can also be provided in a skilled nursing facility, hospital or nursing home.
Did you know?
Two out of five seniors will need assistance to get through the day? Call us now to find out how A Lending Hand can help you or your loved one today
WHAT ARE DAILY LIVING ACTIVITIES?
- Getting dressed
- Toileting/Incontinence care
- Personal hygiene (showering and sponge bathing)
- Physical transfers (getting in and out of bed,shower, chair, etc)
- Ambulation (standby assistance while client is walking)
- Feeding/Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Transportation to appointments and social outings
- Monitor and Record vital signs
- Range of motion exercises